Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Suicide

A blonde and a redhead have a ranch. They have just lost their bull.
The women need to buy another, but only have $500. The redhead
tells the blonde, "I will go to the market and see if I can find one for under that amount. If I can, I will send you a telegram." She goes to the market and finds one for $499.

Having only one dollar left, she goes to the telegraph office and finds out that it costs one dollar per word. She is stumped on how to tell the blonde to bring the truck and trailer. Finally, she tells the telegraph operator to send the word "comfortable." Skeptical, the operator asks, "How will she know to come with the trailer from just that word?" The redhead replies, "She's a blonde
so she reads slow: 'Come for ta bull.'" -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



I am always frustrated by people who have decided to give up on life and commit suicide. People of both genders, all ages, and ethnicities can be at risk for suicide. But people most at risk tend to share certain characteristics. I believe the main risk factors for suicide are:
  • Depression, other mental disorders, or substance abuse disorder
  • A prior suicide attempt
  • Family history of a mental disorder or substance abuse
  • Family history of suicide
  • Family violence, including physical or sexual abuse
There are many other factors, but I think most will have ties to the reasons listed above.
I understand that mental issues are on display, but It still frustrates me. Why do some choose to take other lives first. I would like to convince them to limit their destruction to themselves.

 These are all connected in that Satan has convinced them I don't have an answer to this problem, I wish I did.

Lord God, help me to reach out and boldly offer your word whenever and to whomever needs to hear it.

In Jesus name,  AMEN
Much love, Dennis

 

 





 


 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment