Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Monday, December 31, 2012

Closet Christian

I've often thought about my life as an early Christian, and I know that I have grown since then. God said that we will be known by our fruit, or in other words the things that we do.

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION: If you were put on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you? I would hope that there would be plenty today, but earlier in my life the evidence would have been hard to find. I know that we are saved according to John 3: 16 on Romans 10:9, or several other Scriptures. The Bible also says that faith without works is dead. I don't believe that means you can't enter into heaven without good works, but I do think that the good things that we do after confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior are a sign to others that we are maturing in our walk with the Lord. I know that there are many that warm a church pew every Sunday but do not bear any fruit in between Sundays. I know that God says that when we do things (with the right motive) to others it is just like we do them for Him. Some people believe that it is the job of the Pastor to visit the sick, feed the hungry, give to the poor or minister to those in prison. I know that it is the job of the Church (each of us is equipped to do certain things), collectively to make sure that these things are done. Some of the most joyful times in my life have been when I was helping others and I knew that was pleasing to the Lord. Things are different now, and I believe that I am here to tell others about my Lord Jesus and how he wants us to be joyful while on this earth, no matter what our circumstances. With that in mind, I'd like you to read this script and then watch the short video about someone who I would call a closet Christian.

I'm Christian because I have confessed Jesus as my Lord and I believe that God has raised him from the dead. Romans 10: verse nine.
I see people who are hungry and I wished that someone would feed them.
I know about some who are cold and I want someone to give them a coat and a blanket.
Some were sick or new in town and I asked the hospitality committee to visit them and give them a place to stay. Isn't that how it works?  


 
This is only meant as a humorous example. I do know that there have been times in my life when I thought, why doesn't somebody do something to help them. The sad part is that the "somebody" should have been me

Much love, Dennis




1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Thank you for sharing.

    Happy New Year! God Bless you and Cheri.

    Love and Prayers,

    TJ

    ReplyDelete