Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, December 13, 2013

FCA


On Thursday I was able to attend a Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Christmas luncheon at GB's restaurant here in Fairview. I have been a part of that group since last school year and it is very good therapy for me. I have been unable to attend for several weeks due to a combination of my health and bad weather. I don't know exactly how many members there are but attendance varies from week to week. For the luncheon there were around 30 students and I know there were several regulars who were unable to attend.
                           Looks like I needed to raise my hat.                

 These guys have something in high school that I lacked at that age, basically a willingness to spend time each week to gather with other young Christians and grow their relationship with Jesus. Special thanks to Linda Zimmerman (directly to my left), for allowing me to be a part of this group. Mrs. Zimmerman is the group leader and a very special person.

Because I am unable to drive, I have to make arrangements any time that I commit to outside engagements.
I would like to thank my mother (Jan Boyer) for getting me to and from the restaurant. She has a lot of things on her plate right now and her time is limited. 
I would ask that you continue to pray for my sister-in-law Gretchen. She is home now and gaining strength daily.
No joke today, but it is on the way :-)

Much love, Dennis

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you get to do this! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete