Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Antibiotics

I finished my six weeks of two different antibiotics on Tuesday. Thursday, Cheri and I went to Oklahoma City for my follow-up appointment with the doctor who had ordered the initial antibiotics. He had looked at the results of the blood work and recommended two more weeks of the shots, but not the oral dose. Bummer! I know that Cheri was ready to get out of the injection routine. I have shots at 6:30 AM, 2:30 PM, and 10:30 PM. Home health takes care of the 2:30 PM dose and helps my dad dress the wounds three days a week, but Cheri has to do the 6:30 AM and 10:30 PM. This is in addition to everything else that she does, which includes working full-time. I don't know what I would do without her. :-)
After six weeks of the hard stuff, I think I can do another two weeks with both hands tied behind my back.

And now for something completely different. 

These are quotes I found about marriage. I didn't do any checking, so they may or may not have been actually quoted by these people.

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. 
- Socrates

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me. 
- Bill Clinton

"Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays." 
- George W. Bush

"I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years." 
- Rudy Giuliani

"There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage." 
- Michael Jordan

"I've had bad luck with all my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't. The third gave me more children!"
- Donald Trump

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming 1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it, 2. Whenever you're right, shut up. 
- Shaquille O Neal (Really, I thought it was mine!)

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once... 
- Kobe Bryant

You know what I did before I married? Anything I wanted to. 
- David Hasselhoff

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met. 
- Alec Baldwin

"Honey, what happened to ladies first?". Husband replies, "That's the reason why the world is a mess today, because a lady went first 
- David Letterman

First there's the promise ring, then the engagement ring, then the wedding ring...soon after....comes Suffer...ing! 
- Jay Leno

Much Love, Dennis 






No comments:

Post a Comment