Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, June 27, 2014

Designing Swimming Pools



I've been taking the online "Pool Studios" classes for about 6 weeks. Things started off really good, I was feeling like this project was going to be "A Piece of Cake". Around the 3rd week, I found out that "A Piece of Cake" was the wrong term. Progress was slowing down and at times I actually had to just get away from the computer and give my mind a rest. I do have unlimited access to software support through telephone, email, and training videos.
I am not the type of person who likes to ask for help, but I found a spot that I just could not figure out. I looked at the videos concerning that part of the project and they were pretty generic. I was needing some specific guidance and I emailed the support staff along with some pictures of what I needed to create. I was having trouble creating multiple roof lines on a specific part of a house that I was trying to duplicate. My answer was a little bit disappointing. They started off by saying roof lines can be very hard. (duh) He then gave me a CAD drawing of a house with multiple roof lines.
I needed to work backwards with that drawing to see how they were able to perform the task at hand. I have been deconstructing and deconstructing and deconstructing. Finally I think that I may have a breakthrough. I really should have known this project was not going to be "A Walk in the Park" because there are very few local companies that use this software to show customers what their house, pool, and landscaping can look like before any work is ever done. My friend, Ronnie Cue, uses this tool and makes things look so simple. He came over a few months ago to give me an idea of what is required to build virtual swimming pools. Ronnie is very talented and makes most things look simple or easy.


As I backed away from the computer this week I was thinking about my lack of progress. Psalms 23 came to my mind.

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.



I was reminded that I should not expect “A Walk in the Park or a Piece of Cake”, but rather trials and tribulations. I am going to encounter days and seasons in my life that are character building. Just like walking through the valley in life, I will maintain a steady pace and push forward with my CAD training. I know that in time they will both end with success.

Much love, Dennis

2 comments:

  1. Dennis, I do not think that I would be shocked or surprised by anything you would post, that you are going to do. I am sure you think that CAD is: "Can Always Do", if you posted that you are taking up sky diving I would ask you to video it, because I would not be joining in on that one. Some of the "redneck" ideas are great. Have a wonderful weekend filled with love and blessings. TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis, all too often people have these "great" ideas about how they are going to become a professional gardener, photographer, pilot, landscaper, author, musician or some other dream but as soon as they realize it takes hard work, dedication, determination, sweat, studying, problem solving or any other bump in the road, they give up and say something like "well, it just wasn't meant to be". I'm glad to see that isn't you. If it was easy, everyone would be great at everything, therefore nobody would be great. You are a great man and there are many of us who look up to you. Much love, Dustin.

    ReplyDelete