Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Thursday, August 20, 2015

TOOLS



Top 10 signs that you are in the wrong church:

10. The church bus has gun racks.

9. The church staff consists of senior pastor, associate pastor and sociopastor.

8. The Bible they use is the Dr. Seuss version.

7. There is an ATM in the lobby.

6. The choir wears leather robes.

5. The worship services are B.Y.O.S. (bring your own snake).

4. Communion is a two-drink minimum.

3. The pastor regularly attends meetings in Las Vegas and Atlantic City.

2. The ushers ask, "Smoking or non-smoking?"

1. The Women's Quartet are all married to the pastor.





[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]

I'm a big tool guy. Kind of like "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" on the TV show.
 
https://youtu.be/0V9YZ7C88iU

I really enjoyed working with my hands and having the correct tool for each project. I can remember being frustrated in my late teens and early 20s because I was trying to get by using homemade tools. I was unsuccessful or sometimes very slow to accomplish specific tasks. As time went by I was able to accumulate enough tools to make jobs easier and faster.

In today's circumstances I'm using different tools for completely different reasons. When I need help with Bible verses, understanding and searching for particular topics, I use a website called Bible Gateway. They offer 30 different versions of God's word and the ability to simultaneously show up to 5 side-by-side comparisons. I can search for topics, phrases or specific words. They even offer a tool that will read aloud the written word. Thanks to God for tools like Bible Gateway that helps me accomplish the jobs that I have today.

Much love, Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment