Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, January 1, 2016

The Potter



Stanley died in a fire and his body was burned pretty badly.
The morgue needed someone to identify the body, so they sent for his two best friends, Cooter and Gomer.
The three men had always done everything together.
Cooter arrived first, and when the mortician pulled back the sheet,
Cooter said, “Yup, his face is burned up pretty bad. You better roll him over.”
The mortician rolled him over and Cooter said, “Nope, ain't Stanley .”
The mortician thought this was rather strange.
So he brought Gomer in to confirm the identity of the body.
Gomer looked at the body and said, “Yup, he's pretty well burnt up.
Roll him over.”
The mortician rolled him over and Gomer said, “No, it ain't Stanley “
The mortician asked, “How can you tell?”
Gomer said, “Well, Stanley had two A-holes.”
“What? He had two A-holes?” asked the mortician.
“Yup, we never seen 'em, but everybody used to say:
“There's Stanley with them two A-holes.”

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It’s been many years ago, but I remember it well. Our church was hosting a revival. The guest was presenting a message using the words to an old hymn. The name of the song is "Spirit of the Living God" 
https://youtu.be/GK-O5nfL1Mo
He focused on the phrases:
 “Lord, melt me, mold me, fill me, and use me.”
I have used this line in my prayers many times. I know that God hears and answers those words because My mindset has gradually changed over years. I know that I’m not where I need to be but, Thank God I’m not where I used to be.
Much Love, Dennis



No comments:

Post a Comment