Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Saturday, September 10, 2016

the rooster crows

Careful when you wish



Two men died and went to Heaven. St. Peter greeted them, and said "I'm sorry, gentlemen, but your mansions aren't ready yet. Until they are, I can send you back to Earth as whatever you want to be."

"Great!" said the first guy, "I want to be an eagle soaring above beautiful scenery!" 



 "No problem," replied St. Peter, and POOF! The guy was gone. "And what do you want to be," St. Peter asked the other guy.

"I'd like to be one cool stud!" was the reply.

"Easy," replied St. Peter, and the other guy was gone.

After a few months, their mansions were finished, and St. Peter sent an angel to fetch them back. "You'll find them easily," he says, "One of them is soaring above the Grand Canyon, and the other
one is on a snow tire somewhere in Detroit!"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jesus said, "Everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 10:32–33).


Peter said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble, yet I will not be.
30 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that today, even this night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times.”



If Peter struggled, after walking with Jesus for 3 years, I'm certainly glad that I was not taught to follow the 613 laws of the Jewish religion. Then told that I could obtain everlasting life through faith in a carpenter's son... WOW.


It baffles me how any of the Jewish people were able to embrace God's Grace.
But a hundred years from now, all that will matter to you is your life pattern of loyalty to Jesus Christ. And you’ll rejoice that whenever the rooster crowed, it wasn’t crowing for me.

much love, Dennis 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment