Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Romans 12 It's well worth reading and it's short


The last few months have been a time of many emotions, celebrating new life, mourning with those who mourn, and praising God for the increased strength that I'm feeling.
I am particularly happy for a young couple who have decided that it's time to unite in marriage. Congratulations to Jake and Alycia.

I watch the local news and I see that the flu is in full force throughout Oklahoma right now. I've had my flu shot as have all those who are around me day-to-day. This is really something that I have to be careful about. I do believe that God is the great physician and that my breakthrough is on the way, however, he gave me a brain and I don't think it was an afterthought. I miss attending Church, I know some people that believe attending Church isn't really necessary to be in service to God, but I can tell you that there is something about gathering with those who believe as I do. I can watch sermons on TV but it's not the same. As Christians we are to gather for fellowship and worship, but large groups of people mean higher percentages of the presence of the virus. I've always enjoyed high school basketball, but that means large groups from diverse places.  I do plan on watching some games after this flu bug seems to have run its course and I will be in Church..
I have to say, some Sundays I find myself wanting to choose to be lazy and stay home.
A friend of mine, Garen, shared this with me a couple of weeks ago. It could apply to somebody listed as a Church member, but not attending. His name might be Dennis.


A new pastor moved into town and went out one Saturday to visit his parishioners.
All went well until he came to one house. It was obvious that someone was home, but no one came to the door even after he had knocked several times. Finally, he took out his card, wrote on the back "Revelation 3:20" and stuck it in the door.

The next day, as he was counting the offering, he found his card in the collection plate. Below his message was a notation "Genesis 3:10."

Revelation 3:20 reads: "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me."

Genesis 3:10 reads: "And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked."

Much Love, Dennis



No comments:

Post a Comment