Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, October 18, 2013

Psalm 23

The last 7-10 days have been a roller coaster ride. I really enjoyed speaking to the FCA and meeting an amazing young man, Tyler Zander. He talked about his faith, forgiveness, and what he is doing now.

I've also spent some time pondering several situations currently on my mind. I won't go into specifics, but it seems like Satan has been working overtime in the lives of my family and friends. There are some things that all I can do is pray and there are other situations that make me want to retaliate in some form. I know that we are to cast our cares to the Lord, but sometimes I just want to go back under the Law and say "an eye for an eye". It's very hard when someone you care about has been wronged but I know that the battle belongs to the Lord.
In this world we will have trials and tribulations. I just have to remember that we are going through the Valley and not setting up camp.

A Psalm of David.
23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord

Forever.


And now for something completely different
A couple had two little mischievous boys, ages 8 and 10. They were always getting into trouble, and their parents knew that if any mischief occurred in their town, their sons would get the blame. 

The boys' mother heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys. The clergyman agreed and asked to see them individually.

So, the mother sent her 8-year-old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the clergyman in the afternoon. 

The clergyman, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God?"

They boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there with his mouth hanging open.

The clergyman repeated the question. "Where is God?"

Again, the boy made no attempt to answer.

So, the clergyman raised his voice some more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "Where is God!?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room. He ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him.

When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?" 

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied: "We are in real BIG trouble this time! God is missing, and they think we did it!"

Much Love, Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment