Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Monday, October 28, 2013

Being Politically Correct

I'm not a high profile political person. I have my views and I repost some things on Face Book occasionally, but I have never really tried to engage in conversation with the intent of changing anyone's  mind. One thing that does bother me is the ever-increasing political correctness (PC) movement. I believe that in the beginning there were people with good ideas and good intentions, but now it seems like being PC is considered to be part of our United States Constitution.
 I'm not a scholar, but I have glanced through the initial laws of the land and I cannot find where it says that anyone has the right to "not be offended". I know that there are laws governing libel and slander, those are not the same as having your feelings hurt. We do have the right to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution



One of the most recent spectacles concerns the Washington Redskins football team. Bob Costas has started a trend of scolding football fans during halftime of two NFL games. We all have the constitutional right to express our opinion, even Bob Costas, but many times there are repercussions. I know that on TV we have the fashion police, criticizing or praising what "important" people wear and we have the PC police doing the same. I think they both belong in the same category. Just a handful of people who believe that their opinions carry more weight than all others.

http://youtu.be/FGK8IC-bGnU

A married couple, both 60 years old, were celebrating their 35th anniversary. 
During their party, an angel appeared to congratulate them and grant them each a blessing. The wife wanted to travel around the world. The angel waved her hand and instantly the wife had 2 tickets in her hand for a world cruise. Next, the Angel asked the husband what he wanted. He said, "I would like a wife 30 years younger than me." So the Angel lifted her hand and the husband instantly became 90.

Much love, Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment