Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, November 1, 2013

Is God Real? Duh

I'm going to relate a series of events that has unfolded recently. This is not the first time that I've seen God's hand move, but it just reinforces my faith in God's promises that are clearly found in the Bible.


My grandmother who lives across the street from me recently moved to the Fellowship home. My dad has been working hard to whittle down her possessions with the proceeds going into her account at her new residence. He sold a refrigerator to a person in Fairview. That person, Margaret was having trouble making arrangements to get the refrigerator moved to her place in Fairview. We had talked through Facebook and I was planning on calling on some of my friends to get this project completed. While I was pondering who to reach out to, I had a thought (a prompting from the Holy Spirit). This was on Wednesday. I meet with the high school Fellowship of Christian Athletes on Thursdays. I was prompted to challenge that group to reach out and help her, because she had a need. I discussed the Scripture about "give and it shall be given unto you", and reaching out to people who are in need. I told them that I knew they couldn't just pick up a refrigerator by hand and move it, but they know people and God provides resources and meets the needs of those who have trusted in him. I gave them a couple of names and asked them to stretch their faith-comfort zone and make this happen. At 7 PM Thursday Cheri noticed that my dad was across the street at my grandmother's house. Shortly thereafter there were three people there with a pickup and a dolly moving the refrigerator through the garage and into their pickup. I was explaining to Cheri what I told those at the FCA meeting. It was a really good feeling seeing that in less than 7 hours, the challenge was being met. But the best part was yet to come. Cheri has an iPhone and she follows Joyce Meyer on Twitter. While we were watching the work, Cheri's twitter chime went off and Joyce Meyer had just tweeted this:

Joyce Meyer ‏@JoyceMeyer 19h
If someone has a need and you can’t meet it by yourself, get a group together to do it. Have fun meeting people’s needs!

I wish you could have seen the smile that was plastered on my face when Cheri read that message to me. Never, Never, try to convince me that God isn't real and that he doesn't work in the lives of those who believe in Him and His Son, Jesus.
Much Love, Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment