Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, February 21, 2014

Bible Reading

I have just finished Leviticus in my daily Bible reading. It is about the covenant that God had with Moses. I didn't count, but I've been told that there are over 600 laws in addition to the 10 Commandments that the Jewish people were to follow in order to maintain a pure relationship with God. I've read through this before, but I never actually put myself in their shoes.
I now have a different perspective on the covenant that I live under as a Christian, Grace.

Romans 10: 5-10 (amplified Bible) 

 For Moses writes that the man who [can] practice the righteousness (perfect conformity to God’s will) which is based on the Law [with all its intricate demands] shall live by it.
But the righteousness based on faith [imputed by God and bringing right relationship with Him] says, Do not say in your heart, Who will ascend into Heaven? that is, to bring Christ down;
Or who will descend into the abyss? that is, to bring Christ up from the dead [as if we could be saved by our own efforts].
But what does it say? The Word (God’s message in Christ) is near you, on your lips and in your heart; that is, the Word (the message, the basis and object) of faith which we preach,
Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.


 It is so simple to understand and many people still think that living a good life will get them into Heaven. I do believe that as Christians we should strive to do good things and show unconditional love to everyone. I know of someone who expresses this well.

Here is something that concerns a law, but it is a law that we live by today.

Slow or Stop

A guy blows a stop sign in Philly and gets caught by a policeman. Cop says, "License and registration please." Guy says, "What for?" Cop says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign." Guy says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming." Cop says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please." Guy says, "What's the difference?" Cop says, "The difference is, you have to come to a complete stop. License and registration, PLEASE!" Guy says, "If you can show me the difference between slow down and stop I'll give you my license and registration." Cop says, "Okay, exit your vehicle sir." At this point, the cop takes out his Night Stick and starts beating the crap out of the guy and says, "Now sir, do you want me to slow down or stop?"

Much Love, Dennis



No comments:

Post a Comment