Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, May 22, 2015

Graduation


I have been helping out with our local chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) about 2 1/2 years. It's great to see these teenagers put their faith on display at such an early time in life.  They have been a source of energy for me, mainly because when I was that age I had Jesus as my savior, but there was very little evidence. Congratulations to the graduating seniors of Fairview High School and especially those that were in the FCA. I will not have much face-to-face contact with them, but we can stay in touch through Facebook and emails. I look forward to the newcomers next semester.

***********************************************************

It was the kindergarten teachers birthday and the students decided that they would each buy their teacher a gift.

The first student, whose parents own a florist shop, gave her a present. She held it and said "I guess that it is flowers". "How did you guess?" asked the little boy. She laughed and thanked him.

The second student, whose parents own a candy store, gave her a present. She held it and said, "I guess that is some candy."

"How did you guess?" asked the little boy. She again laughed and thanked him also.

The third student, whose parents own a bottle shop, gave her a box which was leaking. The teacher touched the liquid with her finger and tasted it. "Mmmmm is it wine?" she asked.

"No," said the little girl.

So she tasted it again. "Is it champagne?" she asked.

"Noooo," replied the little girl, "It's a puppy."

much love, Dennis

2 comments:

  1. FCA is a good ministry! I'm glad you participate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your postings. We all need reminders and the older we get the more help we need.

    Prayers,

    TJ

    ReplyDelete