Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bible Verses

I believe the that the words in the Bible are true and when we read them, meditate on them, and/or speak them, in belief, they release spiritual power. On Earth, just as they do in Heaven.

I can remember at times after my accident meditating on Bible verses, especially when I could not sleep. At that point in my life I only had a few Scriptures memorized along with some songs based on Bible verses. When I finally made it back to Fairview, my friend Ed Scott persuaded me to memorize more verses. Thank you Ed. I now have more ammunition at my disposal when my enemy, the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. I also know that I could never have enough ammo (Scripture). I can tell you from experience that you should not procrastinate when it comes to learning Scripture. Bad things do happen to good people, I've heard this said too many times "I never thought it would happen to me".

It's kind of like having a flashlight with dead batteries. You know that you can use fresh batteries but you keep putting it off. Then when you least expect it the electricity goes out and you have a flashlight handy, but no power to eliminate the darkness.

This was inspired by a joke from my friend Gina Patee :-)

 

A woman had just returned to her home from an evening of church services, when she was startled by an intruder.

She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled: 'Stop! Acts 2:38!' (Repent and be Baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins may be forgiven.)

The burglar stopped in his tracks. The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done.

As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar: 'Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you.'

'Scripture?' replied the burglar. 'She said she had an Ax and Two 38s!'

Send this to someone who needs a laugh today and remember. Knowing scripture can save your life - in more ways than one!

In God we trust

Much Love, Dennis

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Dennis,

    I love, love, love Gina's joke and will share with many.

    I, like you, recite Bible verses in my head and I sure do need to memorize more, before the batteries weaken.

    Another thing I do is visualize things that I loved to do so very much. I was a very good skater, dancing on skates, waltz, jitterbug, two-step etc. I was also a ballroom dancer. I can close my eyes, totally relax and visualize both and hear the music in my head. By concentrating on these I can lay aside a lot of pain and fears at specific times. I guess if one has great memories and a good imagine that in their mind they can still sky dive, climb a mountain, ride a motorcycle.............all I know for sure, in my mind I still am a good skater and could give the contestants on Dancing With The Stars, a run for their money.

    Love and prayers.

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Dennis,

    It has been days since I heard from you, how are doing? Please keep your fans posted.

    Love ya,

    TJ

    ReplyDelete