Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Aunt Betty


Today is the birthday of my Aunt Betty. She is a joy to visit with, we always find something to laugh about. Some people make you feel comfortable under most any circumstance, she can do that. One of my personal favorite posts was concerning her and my Uncle Jim. I don't remember exactly how it went, but this is pretty close.

Betty and Jim were at the breakfast table the morning of her birthday. She asked him about her gift. Apparently he had forgotten that it was her birthday. She became angry and said

 "I'M GOING TO SEE MY SISTER TODAY AND WHEN I GET BACK THERE BETTER BE SOMETHING SHINY AND RED SITTING IN THE DRIVEWAY THAT WILL GO FROM 0 TO 200 IN ABOUT 10 SECONDS."


Later that day when she returned, there was a small box in the driveway all wrapped up with a bow on top. Puzzled by the size of the box, she picked it up and took it in the house. When she opened it up, it was a bright red, shiny bathroom scale.  :-)

Please pray for Jim, we haven't seen him in several days. 

Much love, Dennis

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud! Thank you for the story!

    ReplyDelete