Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Where is the beauty?


I remember a children's sermon from many years ago. It's simple, but can be applied by anyone. First of all the youth pastor held up a rose bud. 


He asked the children if they thought it was beautiful. The reaction was mixed. Then he held up a rose in full bloom and asked again, is this beautiful. 

They all agreed that it was indeed beautiful. He said, "both of these are roses, but one of them has opened up so that we can all see the beauty that was on the inside."
God has put something beautiful in all of us, his Holy Spirit, but if we don't let others see that beauty then we are like the rose bud, hiding all of the beauty that God puts into his children.



At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam’s ribs.
Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and she said, ‘Johnny, what is the matter?’
Little Johnny responded, ‘I have pain in my side. I think I’m going to have a wife.’


Much love, Dennis

1 comment:

  1. I love this story...........I know it is so within the realm of possibility. I wish I had written down all of the wonderful things that my sons told me through the years. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Love and prayers.

    TJ

    ReplyDelete