Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Monday, August 5, 2013

Finger Prophecy


Had you ever been searching for a word from God.
Then you decided that you would close your eyes, open the Bible and with your eyes still closed put your finger on a spot, expecting that God would give you a mighty word. Don't raise your hand, because I'm pretty sure we've all done it at least once. Honestly, I've done it more than once. I know that God can use that if he so desires, but I really don't think that is how he expects us to seek his will. Occasionally there may be something there that might make sense to you. I started thinking about some of the words and phrases in the Bible that you would certainly not want your finger to land on. 
Genesis 6:5
Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Matthew 12:34
Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Matthew 23:27
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.
Leviticus 20:9
‘For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him.

20 Therefore thus says the Lord God: “Behold, My anger and My fury will be poured out on this place—on man and on beast, on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground. And it will burn and not be quenched.”

I'm sure there are other but, context is key in understanding the Word.

I have nothing against blondes, but I thought this was funny.

                                      THE PORCH
A young blonde girl in her late teens, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy woman" and

started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood.

  
She went to the front door of the first house and asked  the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to  do. 

"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint the porch" he  said.  "How much will you charge me?" 

Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about  $50?" 

The man agreed and told her that the paint and brushes and everything she would need were in the  garage. 

The man's wife, hearing the conversation, said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the  way around the house?" 

"That's a bit cynical, isn't it?" he  responded. 

The wife replied, "You're right.  I guess I'm  starting to believe all those dumb blonde  jokes." 

A few hours later the blonde came to the door to collect  her money. 

"You're finished already?" the startled husband asked. 

"Yes," the blonde replied, "and I even had paint left over so I gave it two coats." 

Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50 and handed it to her along with a $10 tip. 

"Thank you," the blonde said,  "And, by the way, it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus."

Much Love, Dennis
 

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Thanks for the laugh, I love cute jokes.

    I changed the color of my hair so often when I was much younger...........my husband called me one day and said, "Honey, what color is your hair?" I told him and asked why he would call to ask me that and he said, "I'm filling out the paper work for our new passports, remember we are having our pictures taken this afternoon and just wanted to make sure you haven't changed color since this morning.

    TJ

    ReplyDelete