Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Power of the Tongue


I've been hearing a lot of teaching concerning the words that we speak. It seems as if God is trying to get my attention concerning my tongue and the way that I use it. 

I was reading Mark 11: 21-26 from the Amplified Version of the Bible

21 And Peter remembered and said to Him, Master, look! The fig tree which You doomed has withered away!
22 And Jesus, replying, said to them, Have faith in God [constantly].
23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.
24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].
25 And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.
26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.
I thought I was reading about how to use my words and my faith in God, and then I got to verse 25 and 26. It's like God said "Pay Attention, Dennis, this is what you need to hear and put into practice".  OUCH
Be corrected never gratifies quickly, but I do know that God works on all of our shortcomings and the end results produce attitudes and actions that are beneficial for our life here on earth.

John Wesley was a great English preacher of the 1700s. He was considered a rather spiffy dresser. One Sunday morning he wore a bow tie that had long ribbons that hung downward. After the sermon was over a lady walked up to him and said, "Brother Wesley, are you open to some criticism?" 

He said, "I guess so. What would you like to criticize?" 

She said, "The ribbons on your tie are entirely too long and inappropriate for a man of God." And she took out her scissors and cut them off. 

A hush fell over the people standing there as Wesley calmly asked, "Now may I borrow the scissors for a moment?" As she handed them to him, he said, "Ma’am, are you open to some criticism?" 

She answered, "Well, I suppose I am." 


He said, "All right then, please stick out your tongue."
Much Love, Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment