Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The meaning of life

I've noticed something in many of the commercials on TV. A lot of them use the phrase or something very similar to it. "That's what life is all about.". Today I saw one where an animal rights activist was able to nurse an orphaned baby seal back to health. I'm not saying that what he did wasn't a good thing or something worthwhile, but "THAT'S WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT." I've seen car commercials, jewelry, recycling, and I'm sure there are many other causes worthy of the effort put forth by those who are involved. I have a different opinion.

It reminds me of some of the many versions that I've heard others speak of about people on their deathbed. How many people have accepted Jesus in the last few days, or even moments of their life. No one that I know of has ever looked back and said, " I wished that I could have only saved one more whale"

 

This guy decides he wants his dog to be able to dance, so he enrolls the pet in dance classes. Dutifully, he takes this dog to class every week, but he sees no improvement. Finally, he takes the instructor aside and says, "I'm spending a fortune here. Why isn't my dog's dancing improving?" "I'm sorry," the instructor replies, "but there's not much I can do. Your dog has two left feet."

Much love, Dennis

2 comments:

  1. Zing! You got me.......Good!

    Thanks,

    TJ

    ReplyDelete