Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Thursday, March 28, 2013

FCA


I had the opportunity today to speak with several Fairview high school students. It was at the weekly meeting of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. It was my first attempt to incorporate my hands-free software on my laptop along with speaking. I clearly need more practice before my next speaking project. Shortly after I started, something that I had planned as a prank on my sister-in-law (Terri Boyer) didn't work and it threw me off somewhat. We started off with the unofficial Scripture of the NFL.
John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son and that whosoever believes in him will not perish but will have everlasting life.
Then we read
Romans 10:9  Anyone who confesses the Lord Jesus with his mouth, and believes in his heart that God has raised him from the dead, will be saved.


Then I asked the hypothetical question-if you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
Next came Galatians 5:22 that speaks about "Fruits of the Spirit"
Love… A deep, enduring concern for others' welfare.
Joy… Gladness of the heart, a lively emotion of happiness.
Peace… Freedom from hostility or anxiety-worry
Patients… A forbearing endurance of injuries or offenses.
Kindness… Gentle, humble, compassionate
Goodness… pleasant, kind. proper, joyful, agreeable.
Faithfulness… Belief, trust, (faith in Jesus is essential for salvation)
Gentleness… A mild disposition, tenderness, with refined manners.
Self-controll… Calmness, temperance, self disciplined (keeping a tight reign on your tongue)
I had them read Scriptures that dealt with each fruit.

Then I asked the question again, can others tell that you are a Christian by the evidence of Galatians 5:22
much love, Dennis

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic presentation! God Bless you and all of your attendees.

    Love and prayers,

    TJ

    ReplyDelete