Saved By Grace

Saved By Grace
Born-Again

Friday, March 8, 2013

You Don't Know What You're Missing!

 

I was recently reminded of something that happened when Cheri, my mother, and myself were at the TIRR. They had a nice cafeteria on the bottom floor, and patients could order their meals from the buffet and visitors could pay and go through their smorgasbord. One day my favorite nurses, Lela, said today is Thursday, that means fried oxtail. I'm sure that you could hear three jaws hitting floor. Cheri said: what in the world is oxtail?
 Lela: what do you think it is?

Mom: well it can't be the tail from an ox.
Lela smiled and said: Oh No, it doesn't come from an ox, it is the tail from a cow.

Sure enough, Cheri went to the cafeteria and found fried oxtail, and it came highly recommended by their staff.  I'm not sad to say that I missed out on oxtail while I was in Houston. I did a little research and found out that we missed out on quite a delicacy. Even Paula Deen has several recipes for oxtail. I've tried cows tongue, testicles,  liver,  and probably some parts that I didn't even know were on a cow, but I guess I'll never have the worldly pallet that a more sophisticated person would have. 
 THE PERFECT HUSBAND

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club.. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man
engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk. In the room everyone else stops to listen. MAN:  "Hello"
WOMAN: "Honey, it’s me. Are you at the club?".
MAN: "Yes".
WOMAN: "I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It’s only $8000 ,  Is it OK if I buy it?"
MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."
WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2013 models. I saw one I really liked.".
MAN: "How much?"
WOMAN: " $72,000 ″
MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options.".
WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing…the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They’re asking ″ $482,000 for it.
MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer of $450,000 . They will probably take it. If not, we can go the extra $32,000 it’s really a pretty good price.".
WOMAN: "OK. I’ll see you later!… I love you so much!"
MAN: "Bye! I love you, too." The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment, mouths agape. He turns and asks: "Does anyone know who this phone belongs to?"..
Much love, , Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment